Introduction to the Home Page (Explore Page)
When you log in you will be taken to the game’s Explore Page, which functions as PI’s Home Page. When you first start out your avatar will be placed on Start Island A1, and as you progress through the game you will appear on the map you were last on when you logged off. The game saves everything you do automatically so you do not have to worry about your progress.
Let’s take a look at the Explore Page and get to know its features:
- Main Links: These will appear on every page on the site for easy access, and you should spend a few minutes hovering over each link to see all the pages available in the menu. As the site updates more links may be added or removed so it is always good to check those out
- Account and Trainer Level Information: This area of your screen also is visible on every page. It provides information about your account bonuses and your progress through the Trainer Level ranks. Clicking on the links there will bring up a pop-up window containing more detailed information (Also see Part II-4: Quests and Part III: Account Bonuses)
- Task Bars: There are two task bars in this game, and these bars will remain stationary on your screen when the page scrolls. The task bar on the left screen (which is shown collapsed in the image above) provides some of the basic links from the Main Link menu- those are for quick link access so you don’t have to scroll back up to the top of the page. That task bar also provides access to the Message and Notification page
- The task bar that stretches across the bottom of the screen provides quick access to sites that can be linked to Pokemon Infinity. Here you can share game pages with friends, visit PI’s Facebook and Twitter accounts and even talk to friends online by signing on to your favorite instant messenger through the Meebo application. You can also ‘like’ various pages of the site through the Like button
- The Explore Map, Navigation and Encounter Panel: These three work simultaneously as you travel the map. The Encounter panel only appears when you have run into a wild Pokemon, so don’t worry if it doesn’t show up for you when you first sign in. For detailed information about these please see II-3: Exploring the World Map
Setting up your Profile
Now that you have taken a look at the home page, let’s go and set up your profile. Your profile is what players are taken to when they click on your name anywhere in the game so it is good to let people know who you are. To get to your profile hover over the “Trainer HQ” link and click on “Profile” in the drop-down menu.
Your profile is nearly blank when you first sign in, probably looking like this:
- Editing Profile Information: Most of the information on your profile such as Clan, Trainer level, Log in info, catch rate, friends and referrals will update automatically as you progress through the game, but you can edit the About Me, Avatar and Status blurb.
To fill in the About Me and assign a profile image, click on the ‘edit profile’ button that has the pencil icon next to it. You will be taken to the Detail tab of the Settings Page where you can fill in your information. You may also access this page by going to Settings > User Settings in the Main Menu
- Uploading Profile Images: Profile images need to be hosted on an outside image host like Photobucket or Imageshack. To install one to your profile, copy the url from the image host and paste it in the profile image area. The ideal avatar size is 64×64 pixels, but the game will automatically resize your image if it is too big or too small
- Changing Map Character Avatars: Click on the Personalize tab of the Settings page and choose your favorite on-map character avatar from the avatar menu. By default all players are Young Lads
- Messages, Comments, Notices and Status Updates
- Messages: Messages can be accessed by hovering over the right taskbar and clicking on Messages. Here you may send and receive private text messages with people on your friends list
- Comments: Comments are located in the area beneath your Current Lineup. You may leave comments on anyone’s profile, they do not have to be added to your friends list. Note that all comments are visible to everyone so use care with what you write. You can not leave comments on your own profile
- Notices: Notices are the messages sent by the game’s auto-administrator that inform or confirm various in-game actions. The notifications of comments, messages, trades, referrals, token shop purchases etc. that pop-up in little text bubbles at the top-right corner of your screen are all stored here for you to view in case you missed them
- Status Updates: Titled “What’s on your mind,” this is the equivalent to writing comments to your own profile. The messages will be displayed right below the text input field and they will be visible to everyone who visits your profile
Finding Friends/Other Players
While this game can be played by yourself, it is much more fun if you refer your friends or make friends with other players. To add a person to your friends list, view the profile of the person you wish to add as friend and press the “Add as friend” link that is located beneath the profile image area. A friend request will be sent to that player and if it is accepted, you will be added.
To view your friends list and/or review the players who have sent you friend requests, go to Trainer HQ > My Friends.
- Using the Trainer Registrar: You can access the Trainer Registrar by going to Town Center > Trainer Registrar. The Trainer Registrar provides a list of all the players who are registered to Pokemon Infinity and is useful for finding specific people you wish to befriend or battle. The player names are listed in accordance to online activity.
- Searching Userames: Only usernames that have logged on within the last seven days are displayed in the Trainer Registrar. To include the names of people who have been offline for longer periods of time, tick the “Include Inactive” box in your search
- Staff vs Regular Player Names: You will often find usernames with colors that are not white in the Trainer Registrar. These are PI staff members and their colors are ranked as thus: Owner/Administrator, Global Moderator, Global HalfOp and Mod in Training
- Referring Friends: You can invite your friends to PI by using your personal referral link. Go to Trainer HQ > My Friends to access your friends and referral page. There three ways you can refer your friends: e-mail, Facebook posts, and through the direct referral link that you can post anywhere you please. All three are located on the My Friends page.
When your friends successfully validate their accounts a referral credit will be added to your account and will appear on your profile in the referral stat. Friend referrals not only help your friends join the game, you will also receive in-game perks and be able to complete certain quests. For more information on friend referral rewards visit III. Account Bonuses
- Visiting the Forums: Another great way to meet other players is to visit and register on the Pokemon Infinity Forums. For more information about the forums, please visit section IV. The Pokemon Infinity Community: Keeping in touch with the Latest News and Events